This yogurt maker is amazing! It comes with everything you need to make your own homemade yogurt.
This Yogourmet Multi system includes:
- The Electric yogurt maker
- 2 quarts capacity inner container with seal-tight lid (To make this even better, it's made of food grade plastic and dishwasher safe!)
- Precision thermometer
- Cotton bag, used for the yogurt cheese strainer
- Full instructions not only in English, but also in Spanish and French
- It also comes with a one year factory warranty!
Now, if you're like me, making or cooking homemade food isn't "in the cards" for you. In fact, I admit I'm not the world's greatest chef...but with this yogurt maker, I can make tasty homemade yogurt with ease!
Here are the easy steps:
- Pour 2 quarts of milk into a double boiler, pot, or casserole dish. (For me, it was a pot, but they say the double boiler is best. ) Heat for one or two minutes at 82 degrees Celsius (or if you're like me and not too handy doing too many things at once, just wait for the milk to boil.)
- Allow the milk to cool to between 42-44 degrees Celsius. I filled a sink with cold water and placed the pot in that to help speed up the process. Then you take the inner batch container out of the yogurt maker and pour the cooled milk into it.
- Next, add lukewarm water to the level of one of the marks inside your Yogourmet maker and plug in your maker, making sure the red light is on. If you're only making one quart, add the water to the first line, or the second line for two quarts.
- After that, pour one package of the starter (I used the Pro biotic Yogurt Starter ) into a cup and gradually add five or six tbls. of the cooled milk. Once the starter is completely dissolved, empty the balance of the cooled milk in the batch container and stir. (They say to mix it extra well).
Now, all you have to do is cover the batch container with it's lid, slip it into the yogurt maker, and place the cover on the yogurt maker. After four to four and a half hours (4-4 1/2), take the bath container out of the yogurt maker and stick it in your fridge. Let it chill for about 8 hours and serve!
Now, since I don't have any kids and I don't eat yogurt everyday, I found it nice to know that it will stay fresh in your fridge for up to 3 weeks!
Check out some of VMC's other products:
Liquid Rennet is great for making different cheeses, desserts, custards, and ice creams. The box includes a handy recipe book and is filled with neat tips.
- ULTRA10™ contains 13 Billion living cells per capsule
- Boosts immune system - simulates your immune system and forms a protective barrier to help prevent colonization of pathogens such as E. coli.
- Promotes Regularity - Contains bifido bacterium to promote regularity.
- Helps to synthesize important vitamins, nutrients and enzymes, such as lactase, necessary to digest the lactose inherent in milk and dairy products.
- Strains are optimized for complete coverage of your intestinal track from the top of your small intestine to your colon.
- Capsules are enteric coated to protect probiotics from the gastric acids so that they arrive undiminished at their target.
- Each bottle contains 100 Capsules
One (1) lucky reader is going to win their own VMC Health Yogourmet Yogurt Maker and accessories!
Mandatory Entry: Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect and then go to VMC Products for Health and tell me something you learned about them or their many products! ( 1 entry)
Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!
"Like" The Way the Cookie Crumbles on facebook (1 entry)
"Like" VMC Products on facebook and please tell them I sent you! (1 entry)
*Special thanks to the folks at VMC Health for supplying products for the review and giveaway. This review is based on my own personal opinion. I was paid in no way for this post.